SM435B 43.5GHz Spectrum Analyser
The SM435B 43.5GHz Spectrum Analyser is a high-performance spectrum analyzer and monitoring receiver. Tuning from 100 kHz to 43.5 GHz, the analyzer has 160 MHz of instantaneous bandwidth (IBW), 110 dB of dynamic range, 1THz/sec sweep speed at 30kHz RBW (using Nuttall windowing), and phase noise performance that is low enough to contribute less than 0.1% error to EVM measurements and rival even the most expensive spectrum analyzers on the market.
The SM435B offers 160 MHz instantaneous bandwidth (IBW) calibrated I/Q capture, available through block transfer of a 2-second I/Q buffer over USB 3.0 to the PC (learn more about this feature).
Signal processing is distributed between a very powerful Intel FPGA and an external PC having an Intel Core i7 processor. The Signal Hound SM435B can be readily interfaced, using its local API, to an automated monitoring system or to automated test equipment. The SM435B API provides customers the access needed to insert their own DSP algorithms into a calibrated stream of I/Q data.
The SM435B 43.5GHz Spectrum Analyser is capable of high-performance RF analysis, connected to a PC via USB 3.0.
Download the data sheet to get all the details and assess for your application.
• Range: 100 kHz to 43.5 GHz
• RF Input Impedance (2.4mm connector): 50Ω
• Calibrated Streaming I/Q: 5 kHz to 40 MHz of selectable I/Q bandwidth
• Includes an internal GPS, used for timebase synchronization, I/Q timestamping, and GPS positioning
• Resolution Bandwidths (RBW): 0.1 Hz (≤200kHz span) to 3 MHz (any span) using 40 MHz IBW; 30 kHz to 10 MHz using 160 MHz IBW
• Timebase Accuracy: GPS disciplined OCXO remains within ±5 x 10-10 when locked to GPS
– holdover of ±5 x 10-9 /day for aging (±2 x 10-8 first day typ)
– holdover of ±1 x 10-8 for temperature over -40°C to 65°C
SYSTEM NOISE FIGURE (typical)
12dB from 700 MHz to 2.5 GHz;
15dB from 2.5 GHz to 24 GHz;
18dB + 0.5dB/GHz from 24 GHz to 40 GHz;
26dB + 2.0dB/GHz from 40 GHz to 43.5 GHz;
+75dBm from 100 kHz to 20 GHz
+50dBm from 20 GHz to 24 GHz
+70dBm from 24 GHz to 43.5 GHz
+28dBm from 100 kHz to 4 GHz;
+23dBm from 4 GHz to 6 GHz;
+20dBm from 6 GHz to 43.5 GHz
…get ALL the details in the data sheet: SM435B Data Sheet
It is important to note that all required software is included for the SM435B to operate. As with other Signal Hound devices, our Spike software provides the device controls, signal visualization display, and data export tools. Spike offers a variety of analysis modes and provides specific tools for EMC precompliance testing, interference hunting, and digital demodulation, amongst others.
For TSCM-specific applications, the SM435B 20GHz spectrum analyser is also compatible with the Kestrel software package for the ultimate in affordable and powerful countermeasure solutions.
Download the SM-200B data sheet here.