VLM-63-2W+ RF Limiter 6GHz
The Minicircuits VLM-63-2W-S+ RF Limiter 6GHz reacts almost instantaneously to protect sensitive devices from power surges and other unwanted signals at the device input. For inputs >12 dBm, the output power remains about 11.5 dBm, whereas lower-level input losses are only 0.4 dB typ. These units are housed in a patented, rugged unibody enclosure (1.43” x 0.410”) specifically designed to function in tough environments such as manufacturing sites, train tunnels, weapon systems, or anywhere sensitive components, such as low noise amplifiers, need protection.
When using a Signal Hound spectrum analyzer, attaching one of these limiters to the device when connecting an antenna provides a safeguard against overloading the front end with too much input.
- High power handling, up to 2.5W max
- Affords protection against peak voltages of multi-tone signals
- Very fast recovery time, 5 nsec typ.
- Back in operation almost instantaneously following signal spikes
- Wideband, 30 MHz-6 GHz
- Protection for a wide range of applications, from IF receivers to toll-booth operations
Refer: Data Sheet.